Grain-Free, High-Protein Nut and Seed BarsJanuary 30, 2019
RPR Tags: dairy-free/gluten-free/grain-free/high-protein Courses: Desserts & Baked Goods Cuisines: Baked Goods/Breakfast & Brunch/Grain-Free/Gluten-Free
- 1 cup raw pecans, coarsely chopped about the same size as pistachios - but size does not really matter. It's your choice)
- 1 cup raw cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup salted shelled pistachios
- 1 cup ground flax seed (I buy it ground)
- 1 cup bittersweet, dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 cups raw shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2-3 oz Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 oz gluten-free tamari
- 7 scoops Primal Kitchen Grass Fed Collagen Peptides (or Collagen powder of your choice)
- 1 cup honey
- 15 min
- 15 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 2 large heavy-duty sheet pans with parchment paper and lightly grease parchment with Pam cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together very well (I start with a spoon and then put on gloves and use my gloved hands, to make sure everything is blended).
- Divide mixture in half - put half on one sheet pan and half on the other.
- Using a wooden spoon (or other spoon), spread mixture into a thin, large rectangle. Carefully pat together so there are no holes/spaces. It should look like this:
- Place baking sheet on rack in center of the oven. Set timer for 10 minutes (but peak in over after about 8). If edges are brown, turn baking sheet around. After 8-10 minutes, rotate baking sheet. Bake another 3-5 minutes until edges are slightly browned. (Do not let the bottom burn - nuts burn easily).
- Remove first sheet from oven (let cool for about 10 minutes) and repeat with second sheet. After second sheet has has cooked, carefully cut first sheet into 40 small bars - but leave on baking sheet.
- After second sheet has cooled for about 10 minutes or so, cut this sheet into 40 small bars and leave on baking sheet.
- Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees F.
- Return both sheets to oven and continue to bake for approximately another 10-15 minutes. Bars will still be soft when you remove them from the oven. They will firm up as they cool. Cool completely. Store in fridge. Each small bar has 4 WW points.