Grain-Free Chocolate Chip “Blondies”February 26, 2016
This is a delicious and healthy alternative for those people who are on gluten-free and/or grain-free diets. You can whip it up quickly and it bakes in less than a half-hour. While they are not as dense as regular blondies, they are a nice substitute. And, if you don't tell anyone they are "grain-free" or "gluten-free" - they won't notice! An added bonus: since the main ingredient is almond butter, these would make a great post-workout snack! There are many versions of this recipe on all the "grain-free" websites online, but this one seems the simplest.
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 10.5" X 7" pan with Pam.
- In a large bowl, beat all the ingredients together (EXCEPT FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS) until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in ¾ cup chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Spread into the greased baking pan.
- Bake in a 325°-oven for approx. 25 minutes. They will still be a little moist in the middle when done.
- Remove pan from oven and turn off oven. Spread remaining ½ cup chocolate chips on top of warm blondies.
- Put back in warm oven (with heat OFF) - until chocolate is just melted. Remove from oven. Spread melted chocolate carefully over top.
- Let cool.
- Cut into squares.