Bella’s Mini Date-Nut “Bites”February 26, 2016
Holidays: Passover/Rosh HaShanah Courses: Desserts & Baked Goods Cuisines: Baked Goods/Fruit/Grain-Free/Gluten-Free
Last night, some friends came for dinner and brought these delicious mini "cupcakes" (I'm calling them "bites".) As she handed them to me, Mona said, "I've observed that you hardly ever eat any bread, cake, or things like that, so I thought these would be perfect for you." (I'm on an anti-inflammatory grain-free diet for a neurological condition and follow it about 95% of the time). These yummy treats are absolutely divine! They are perfect for everyone (except for those who are allergic to nuts or eggs). They contain no added sugars, no flours of any kind, no added fats. The only ingredients are dried fruits, nuts and eggs! And they look gorgeous! Perfect for any occasion! I'm going to serve them for Rosh Hashanah and Passover! (from the Kitchen of Mona Saidens: Bella is Mona's mother)
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 24 cup mini-muffin tin with vegetable oil (or spray with Pam).
- Mix all fruits and nuts with the beaten eggs together until well mixed.
- Press mixture into mini muffin tins (do not line with muffin papers).
- Bake 15-20 minutes, checking every minute after 15 minutes because they could burn. They are finished cooking when the bottoms are lightly browned. (Depending on the weather, they can truly take 15 minutes, 18 minutes, 20 minutes to bake).
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Then “rap” the pan on the counter-top and carefully remove to a cooling rack. Makes approximately 24-30 “bites.”
This is a very flexible recipe: you can use whatever combination of dried fruit and nuts you like. You can even dip ½ of the finished product in chocolate for a beautiful presentation!