Blueberry Bramble Coffee CakeFebruary 26, 2016
I usually serve it straight from the pan.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter I used Earth Balance vegan butter to make it dairy-free.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Blend in egg and orange juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder. Add to batter and mix until smooth.
- Lightly stir in blueberries, then transfer to an 8" x 8" square or 9" round. OR, If you want to remove it from the pan, it would be easiest to use a pan with a removable bottom, so you don't have to flip it over and lose any of the crumb topping.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour, butter (or margarine) and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over batter and bake for 4o to 45 minutes, at 350 degrees, until cake tester comes out clean.